Thursday, November 27, 2008

...and he himself



carved the roast beast.

Thanksgiving was wonderfully relaxing. Food- Christmas music- movies- Christmas decorations- and to finish the night a game of movie charades. As a side note- if anybody wants to know the rules of charades- just ask Jeebs- he apparently is an expert ;) The game held Cagey's interest for about 2 minutes, but it was still fun. Taylor enjoyed it- but I think she was a little hysterical- she could barely act out any of her titles because she couldn't stop giggling. Cagey was tired of waiting for the meal. He decided to chew on the back of the chair.

Taylor waited a little more patiently, but she did have a whole bottle of soda pop to suck down while she waited.



The food was excellent. Jeebs did a really good job on the turkey. The drippings were super tasty and it made for some really tasty dressing and gravy. The only thing I didn't really think turned out too great were my rolls. They were definitely not my mother-in-laws rolls. I need to get that recipe. I asked the kids what they were thankful for this year and Cagey said "Christmas trees" (he's kind of obsessed with those right now- ever since it snowed) Taylor said "the food." I don't think she realizes how blessed we were to have all that food :) Thankfully- Jeebs has had enough work to make ends meet. If everyone pays and he can get it all done- it'll actually be a pay increase- but still having to live on only contract work has made me realize I do not have an entrepeneurial spirit. and yes I got entrepeneurial spelled right on the first try "Suck brick ma!!" j/k

Percy had a pretty happy thanksgiving too- complete with turkey skin, rolls, green beans, and a little dark turkey meat. He was sitting just like this watching Jeebs debone the turkey. I had a little piece of roll held down for him to come eat and he wouldn't walk the 2 feet to me to get it because Jeebs was throwing him turkey skin.

We had pumpkin pie for dessert. Last year my pie turned out perfectly - no cracks on the top or anything. This year- big crack in the middle, but still tasty. And now, the Christmas season officially begins!! Only 28 days!

1 comment:

DyessFam said...

yeah, so food looks good. You wanna make some more and then freeze it and then send it to me in some dry ice? mmmmmmmmm....... I asked my granny to freeze me some Thanksgiving food and she said she would so that I can eat it at Christmas. Oh, yeah! By the way, I know how Cage feels...sometimes I'm so hungry, I just gotta gnaw on the first thing I can get a hold of! hehehehe