Monday, November 17, 2008

Nice Strangers

People are generally good in the world. A nice man helped me out just now while I was on a short stroll with my kids. We've already had one bad experience with dogs and today could have been another. This man was leaving the model home down the road from our house and I had chatted with him for just a sec about the housing market and he got in his car to head home. We turned around and started heading back to our house and I saw him stop in the street and just sit there in his car. I thought "great, I'm going to be attacked!" Taylor was on her bike so several feet in front of me and just about right where this man was. When I got up to where he was stopped in the street I looked over and saw a big dog off in the woods - bulldog looking thing with a leather looking harness- he had obviously gotten off of something. I immediately picked up Percy and told Tates to pedal and go home. She wouldn't go past the dog- I looked over to the man and he said "I saw this dog and I thought that little girl wouldn't like it much". So I pushed Cagey off the sidewalk so we could get farther away from the dog and go around. Well, he starts freaking out and Taylor won't ride on past the dog so this nice man gets out of his car and chases the dog away for me. I was just so grateful- I told him we had already had a bad experience with a dog in this neighborhood and my daughter was a little paranoid. I didn't tell him that I was freaked out too by big dogs. I really hate them. Anyway- I told him thank you several times and he just got in his car and rode away. Crisis averted. Thank you to all the nice people out there that do more than you'll ever know.

No comments: