Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Snow in August!!

Okay - well not snow in August, but snow in North Carolina in November!! This morning and just a minute ago we had some flurries. It was so pretty to watch it fall. I was sitting at the kitchen table helping Tater's with math when I looked out the window and saw it falling. I screamed "It's snowing!!" We ran outside and enjoyed watching it fall for the 3 minutes it fell. Cagey came out and was saying how we needed a Christmas tree and presents. I had to explain that it wasn't quite time for a Christmas tree, but almost. Isn't snow exciting in the south?? I love it. Things always shut down- and people crowd the grocery stores if there is just a hint of snow coming. It's great. Okay- well if anybody can tell me what movie the "snow in August" quote is from, you get a prize- not a very good prize, but I'll mention that you're smart or something :)

4 comments:

wagdog said...

i think that is from nanny mcphee.

baggis said...

You beat me, you stanky stank! I actually KNEW it! You're too smart for your own good. And don't you and daddy have anything else to do but to read Nessa's blog erryday???? j/k

Love,

Bag

baggis said...

I've been cleaning out my craft/sewing/cake decorating/embroidery/knitting/craft/craft/craft/ drawers.

I found some items today that I've been looking for YEARS. EUREKA!

I've got to go to bed. Goodnight.................

DyessFam said...

No, you don't have to send me any socks, you old stanky! I just thought they looked like you since they look like mary janes. Anyway, you nasty, but you know you like getting surprises in the mail! heehehe!