Saturday, November 22, 2008

Weird Strangers and other stuff...

Funny that I'm blogging this right after blogging how nice most people are- anyway. Wednesday night around 9:10- Jeebs and I were sitting on the couch watching Ghost Hunters when the doorbell rang. I thought - who the heck is coming over after 9 o clock. Jeebs got up and answered the door and I paused Ghost Hunters so I could hear everything that was going on. It was a lady from a little culdesac down the road. Their road is curved just so that they can see all of the backyards on our road- From the first house on the road to about 2 doors down from ours- then the rest of the backyards are fenced in. So- she was explained where she lived and that they had seen a guy going up to our houses and looking in windows and then back down into the woods. Our house also backs a little strip of woods. Anyway, she said she was just giving us a heads up because they saw this guy and so they called the cops, but he took off in a car. Taylor was still awake and happened to hear all of the conversation and freaked out- she wouldn't go to sleep- she would barely stop crying so Jeebs put her in our bed as he was going around locking all the windows and doors and making sure the blinds were all closed. He then got out the shotgun and loaded it just to be on the safe side. That part really freaked Taylor our- she thought he was going to shoot somebody. Anyway- we got her calmed down and got everything closed up as best we could. We still didn't have a blind for the back door (I just went to Lowe's and got one today:) so we could still see outside on the back patio. So- we sat back down to enjoy our show and I got to thinking. About 4 or 5 days before this all happened- I got up one morning and went out the back door to put something in the trash. Well, we had had a really hard rain that night and for a few days priorso it was really muddy and gross. As soon as I turned back from the garbage can to the patio to go in, I noticed 3 muddy prints on the back patio- leading from the backyard to our back door. I got Jeebs out to look at them-to get his take on it. He said it looked like some kind of hooved footprint- but wouldn't there be more than 3? Deer have 4 legs right? They look like HEEL prints. Heel prints from a shoe that has stepped in mud and walked up from the backyard to our freaking backdoor. This all made the man looking in windows a little more freaky. Oh- to add to the equation- Jeebs was at the church until about 35 min before the lady rang our doorbell to tell us all of this. I was here, by myself with my children- doors unlocked, blinds opened. I did lock the front door at one point because I had taken the dog out and he had perked up and growled at something- usually nothing, but that night it kind of freaked me out- coincidence?

This is all that's left of the 3 prints. I've been a little lazy about washing off my patio. Don't judge me. :) It looks like the 2 closest to the door are facing opposite directions- so one is a step towards the door and another one away from the door. Another little side note I forgot mention- the morning I found these Jeebs had been up until about 3 or 4 in the morning working in the living room. I'm wondering if things would've played out differently had he not been sitting in the living room with the light on. Okay- now I'm freaking myself out.


This is the first print closest to the backyard- it is the most defined one. If it is a heel print then it's turned away from the house- which doesn't make much sense. I don't know. I need to watch more CSI to figure it out :)

3 comments:

The Airharts said...

SCARY!!! Remember me asking you if those woods scared you...they scare me! I had a creepy looking at us threw the windows in my first apartment-he would always leave prints in the snow that went from window to window. Anyway...keep those doors locked girl! On a side note..funny becasue yesterday I was telling Jake how I really need a security system in my house before january..maybe we should look into one together. Offer still stands for thanksgiving..think about it.

DyessFam said...

Girl, you are gonna make yo'self crazy! Yeah, I'd invest in some of those motion sensor lights for the front and back of the house. Then, if someone does come up to your house, you'll know and the cocking of the shotgun will be so much for effective.:) mmmwwwhhaaaaahahahahahah

wagdog said...

The best security system for your home is a combination of things.
1. A big dog
2. A shotgun (cocking the gun actually reveals your position to an intruder) that you know how to use and are ready to use
3. Motion sensor lights
4. Good neighbors

That's my two cents. Make sure James shows you how to use that shotgun.