Tuesday, May 18, 2010

May 18th... is it already May 18th?

My brother Glen wanted me to clarify that not all my sibs were bad fishermen. He caught a bunch of fish today when he was probably supposed to be working :) Actually I would like to take my kids fishing and go with my brother. He didn't take me fishing last time we were in Utah, but I did get to ride on his motorcycle! I thought I was going to die- I screamed the whole time.

okay back to the task at hand...

My dad is a little bit of a McGyver. He can rig anything. Give him some vice grips and some duct tape and he could probably build you a shopping mall- or at least rig the a/c in a 20 yr old car.

Ezra says "what are ya doing?". Every time he would crawl into where Jeebs was working Jeebs would ask him, what are you doing? Eventually he started crawling in there and Jeebs would look at him and he would make the sound like "what are ya doing?" Now he says it all the time when you ask him, "what are you doing?" so cute.

That 20 yr old car my daddy rigged the a/c in? I burnt the @#*$%( out of my finger on his little rigged item. Momma told me to turn off the compressor- which meant pick up the little metal box that's hanging under the dash and switch the toggle (light switch) to off. I did as I was asked, but touched the metal that got extremely hot and burned my finger. I let a bad word slip- one of the first I ever said in my life. Momma couldn't get too mad at me :)

2 comments:

wagdog said...

I took Monday off and went fishing. I caught over a hundred white bass and a couple of catfish. I'm good at what I do. I can write software AND catch fish...BEATRICE!

eportion - the portion that ezra gets

that was from the word verification...

alexandriasmomma said...

I guess we always just EXPECTED daddy to be able to do anything and everything. However, he has told me lately that most of the things he's done over the years he did for the first time: putting in a new hot water heater, laying peel and stick tile in the foyer in 1980, hanging ceiling fans (including having to run new electrical lines), laying the carpet in the den, as well as turning the garage into the den, installing a new dishwasher, laying the laminate floor, I could go on forever. We've NEVER had a plumber out here. Or an electrician. Or anyone to service appliances. We DID have the swimming pool installed. And the new septic system. I remember Grandma Wagley used to call every few months and say, "Charlie, I have a list of things that need doing". He would go down at the first opportunity and work his tail off completing the projects on her list. I made the comment once that I felt sorry for him cause I knew he was so tired. She said, "Oh, he'll be okay after a good night's sleep". And, he was!! Daddy and Grandma Wagley could work ANYONE into the ground. Grandma Wagley could outwork me when I was 19 and she was 60!!