Tuesday, May 25, 2010

May 25th

My mom and dad are 6 years apart in age. He thought she was too young for him, but my mom fell in love with his laugh. She heard him laughing behind her in Sunday school and had to talk to him. She walked out in front of his car as he was driving out of the church parking lot and he thought she was the prettiest girl he ever saw. The rest is history. I'm sure she'll add her little clarifications and additions in the comments if you're interested in the rest of the story :)
Ezra went through 3 outfits today. He puked on the first outfit, pooped all over the second (and my arm) and then dug into a piece of ABC gum at karate.

The summer I met Jeebs was a bad summer. I had no a/c in my car, I had an a/c nazi for a roommate and my best friend and roommate decided she'd go on a stinkin' mission. So I was lonely and hot...all the time. I spent most of my free time going to movies by myself. When summer was over my mom and little brother came up to go camping. I hate camping, but up in the mountains it is cool even cold. It was heaven up there. I was determined to be up at the campsite in the mountains any time I could because I was sick to death of being hot. One day we were up at the campsite hanging out and my little brother decided he needed to go down to Kamas to get something. He drove my car (or the car my parents let me drive :) He left and I didn't think anything about it. It was about 30 min down the mountain and about 40-45 min to get back up. A couple of hours went by and he wasn't back. I started to get a little anxious, but still he could just be behind slow cars or something. Then another hour and it started raining. He still wasn't back. As it started to rain harder and harder I remembered the windshield wipers. They were in pieces from me scraping them over the frozen windshield in the winter. I started panicking inside, but couldn't admit anything to momma. I just knew he had lost visibility and had ran off the road, down the side of the mountain or into a semi and it was going to be all my fault. After a few more excruciating minutes (felt like another hour) went by he came rolling up into the campsite in "the granny" (our loving nickname for the car). I was so relieved. I confessed everything and Page just laughed. He said when it started raining and he turned on the wipers- they just flapped apart like cheerleader pom-poms and he just laughed because it was so 'Nessa'.

No comments: