Sunday, May 30, 2010

May 30...Happy Birthday Daddy

Today is my daddy's birthday- he is 61. Wow. You're getting old daddy. When daddy was a little boy he used to make up poems about Foxy Loxy, a dog named Rover and various other characters. He would recite his poetry for his family and if anybody interrupted him before he was through he would get to start completely over. He was the baby of the family. One of our favorite daddy originals goes : There was a little dog named Rover.
When he died, he died all over
Except for his tail
It just fell over.

Whenever Ezra gets caught in the act of doing something wrong, he immediately drops the all evidence and crawls away from it as fast as he can. Wow- they learn so young.

When I worked at Taco Bell I had to work the drive-thru a lot. It was terribly monotonous. I would dream at night that I was still working and asking repeatedly, "Would you like taco sauce?" So, to mix things up a bit I would put on a fake British accent. It was really funny- to me. I even had people come to the window and say, "oh you've got someone with an accent working here," as they were peering over my shoulder trying to see the British girl working at Taco Bell.

No comments: