Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 23

After Taylor was born, Jeebs and I went to Texas to visit. Jeebs really wanted to go shooting with my dad. We all drove out to my dad's work where there was a shooting range. We started at the shotgun range which had automatic throwers- the high house and the low house. We were shooting daddy's 12 gauge. Jeebs shot and did a decent job. I shot and said a couple of curse words because I didn't realize the gun was going to kick a hole in my shoulder and missed every target. My daddy shot- wow. He stood there with the gun hanging by his hip and just motioned to us to push the button. "PULL!", he nonchalantly lifted the gun and hit every target. He's just naturally good at that kind of stuff- and it's kind of annoying.

Today I held Ezra on my hip while I lead the music for Primary closing exercises. He waved his arm to the music. I think he's going to be a child prodigy: Youngest music director ever!

I am extremely afraid of heights. When I worked out at Texas Eastman with my dad I had to climb up some big structure one time- actually a couple of times. I was up so high we could see Eastman in Tyler I think. I was freaking out inside, but I didn't let the guy I was working with know. My lips went numb, my head was spinning, and I kept trying to inconspicuously check my pulse to make sure my heart hadn't just stopped. There were ladders we had to climb too. They had cages so you could lean back and rest while climbing. I was too short to comfortably lean back on the cages- it sucked. They also put me up in a personnel basket on the end of a crane. The crane operated accidentally set us down on a few pipes which made the basket jolt to one side- I almost soiled my coveralls- no one ever knew. I'm glad I didn't soil my coveralls.

No comments: