Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May 5th

Even though my daddy lived at the same time as my mom- his stories make his life seem like world away from my mom. They had cows and chickens and sometimes pigs. When my daddy was a little boy he had a pig named Pinky. His daddy would go down to the pig pen and just shoot in amongst the pigs. They would all start running away from the gunfire except for Pinky. My daddy's words of wisdom, "Don't become friends with a pig, you're gonna end up eating him."


Ezra is getting a baby mullet with little curls. I love it. I've never had a child with this much hair at this point and I can't stand to think about cutting it even though Jeebs keeps mentioning the fact that he has a mullet.

When I was younger- I think about 12 or 13- I mentally destroyed a kitten. My cat had litters upon litters of kittens. One of them in particular was so sweet and cute and I took him over as mine- well he was mine for the 6 weeks before we gave them away. Somehow he had gotten really wet in the bathroom. So, I did what any sane person would do to dry off a cat- get out the hairdryer. I have never seen a cat, or any animal for that matter, jump without bending it's legs. It was like the cat was disappearing and reappearing in places- he was moving so fast. It was the craziest thing I've ever seen. He was never really right after that. My once calm, sweet kitten became a jittery, jerky little freak of an animal. I felt kind of bad, but dang, it was just a hairdryer!

1 comment:

Jake and Emily Huckaby said...

Every night I come to my computer anxious for the next day in May :) Seriously girl, you should stop listening to Glen Beck and start writing for him ;)