Monday, January 19, 2009

AND...I'm back

So- now that I know my old bag of a mom is not going to correct my grammar anymore- I can continue on with my sister list. (Yes, I call my mom bag) BTW the mistakes I make are usually me half paying attention when I type my entries so PPPPPPPPPSHHHHHHHHHHHHKkkkkkkkk! It's funny that ma thinks Yang got her need to correct people from DADDY!!! :)

1. My sister loved portabello di ravioli from Olive Garden. The one time Jeebs and I went to Houston with my mom and sister for her doctor appointments we ate at Olive Garden. Yang could not keep anything down. She ordered her ravioli and ate one whole ravioli- she was so proud of herself. That night in the hotel she kept saying how good her stomach felt and it was the first meal in a long time that she kept down. ARRRGH I hate thinking about those moments.

2. Yang always took time to talk to me when I called her. On Yang's last birthday I called her cell to sing Happy Birthday in one of my stupid weird voices. Somehow I dialed the wrong number- I thought the girl that answered sounded a little...not like my sister, but I had dialed her number a million times and didn't think I could get it wrong. I busted into my ridiculous rendition of Happy Birthday and only got out- "Happy Birthday to YOU- Happy Birthday to YOU" and the lady quickly said "You've got the wrong number," and hung up on me. My birthday spirit was totally deflated- until I redialed the right number, half-heartedly sang my song and then told Yang what I had done. She burst into laughter and we laughed nonstop for a while over that one.

3. My sister had a way of calling people on their BS without making people too upset with her.

4. My sister would never say BS. (well she might use the initials in hushed tones)

5. Yang wanted to live- She always lived life to the fullest. It seems like somehow she knew she had to make the most of her time on Earth. I'm sure she had regrets, but she never backed down from things she wanted to do just because it might be embarrassing or uncomfortable.

No comments: