Friday, January 16, 2009

January 16th

I am not even 26 weeks today and I feel very hugely pregnant. This baby has no where else to go but out now- so this will be an interesting looking full grown pregnant belly- it already feels HUGE.
On to my list

1. My sister was really good at manipulating me into doing things when I was little. Hence, the whopper story- which I think I've already told. Pretty much I was sneaking whoppers- my sister put me up to it- and I got my hand stuck in the carton. I couldn't get it out if I wanted to have whoppers- and my mom was calling me to bring her a spoon- annoyed that I wasn't coming with it very fast. yada yada yada- I ran down the hall with it attached to my hand and quickly dumped the the whole carton with my sister.

2. Yang never backed down. She would tell me that she knew I would eventually back down so she knew she just had to be patient :) I should've been more persistent :)

3. My sister was very resourceful. I am told by my older bro that when we were little Yang had the bright idea to tie one end of a rope around me- throw it over a tall branch in a tree and then tie the other end of the rope around Glen. Sort of a human pulley system I guess. Glen was supposed to start running as fast as he could and I would be hoisted quickly and safely into the tree. He started to run- I started to scream, my mom came out and Glen will have to finish it. I must have blacked out or something because I don't remember this story at all.

4. After my sister's first few semesters at BYU- walking everywhere- she became the fastest dang walker. Her calf muscles bulged out of her legs and you couldn't keep up for nothing.

5. My sister used to give everybody these one-armed hugs. We aren't a huggie, kissie family, but Yang would give everybody her famous one- armed hugs. She used to try to kiss Glen- it drove him crazy hehehehehe

1 comment:

alexandriasmomma said...

I've missed reading blogs about Yang, gee. I'm sorry I corrected your blog. I know you know that the apostrophe is not used in forming plurals.

Yesterday was Grandma Muse's birthday. She has been gone 2 years and one week. I miss her so much. Yang's birthday is coming up a week from today. She would have been 34? Can that be true? Here is a Reader's Digest version of some of my memories of Yang:

1. Yang was cheerful and funny. Her favorite saying was, "Happy is the man who learns to laugh at himself, for he will never cease to be amused." I think you already blogged about that, though.

2. Yang was loyal, as hinted at in a previous blog of yours. She was fierce in her love for her sibs. I love to look at pics of Yang and Nessa. Yang was so happy to have a little sister! Her loyalty extended to her friends. She once went to a friend's house to spend the night after they both worked a shift at the Bell. Her friend told her about her plans to marry a non-member. Alexandria cried off and on all night as she tried to talk this girl out of it. It just killed Yang to think of her friend making a choice that would have eternal consquences.

3. Alexandria was so helpful to me and to others, I'm sure. I remember once I wanted to make some little CTR bears for my Primary class. Of course I didn't start them until Saturday night. I got too tired to continue. Alexandria was just a little girl herself, but she stayed up and finished them for me. I trusted her with the hot glue gun implicitly. Which brings me to:

4. Yang was CAPABLE. I don't know, she was just someone you relied on to know everything and to be able to do ANYTHING! She was 3 weeks shy of her 8th birthday when Page was born, yet I trusted her to take him to the mother's lounge if he fussed during Sacrament Mtg. She would change him and then rock him to sleep. There are two little girls in Primary who just turned 8, and I CAN NOT IMAGINE either of them being entrusted with newborn babies!