Saturday, January 24, 2009

Jan 24th

1. My sister sold Pampered Chef for a little while. She loved all of her gadgets. I remember her going on and on about all the stoneware. She also had an Apple Peeler Corer Slicer. Yeah- that thing was pretty cool.

2. She also never threw things away. She has notebooks, letters, and binders full of stuff from her mission and college years. My mom was saying that she was having a hard time throwing away things like her old cameras that don't even work anymore. Why my sister didn't throw them away when they stopped working- is just one of the mysteries of my sister.

Okay- that was 2 I came up with today while I was thinking about Yang.

Today was one of those days when I realize why I don't go anywhere very often. I had another one of these days on Thursday when I wanted to go look at some furniture. BOTH of my children immediately fell apart at the mention of going somewhere. People wonder why I don't get out of my house much. Well, on Thursday I decided to go look at furniture and get a few errands taken care of. I took a shower- got dressed, put on makeup and dried my hair. After that I was ready to sit down and rest, but I had to get my kids ready. As soon as I went to put Cagey's clothes on him he goes to whining that he doesn't want to go with me. I force his clothes on him, but I didn't have the strength to put on his shoes. Taylor was already whining and screaming that she didn't want to get dressed or go anywhere so I had to go in her room and wrestle with her to get her dressed. Meanwhile, Jeebs was struggling with a whining Cagey getting his shoes and socks on for me. I finally get Taylor dressed and I go to the bathroom to get a brush and rubberband to fix her hair. Well, that opens up a whole different can of worms. All heck was breaking loose. It was fun. I was sweating and tired- struggling just to walk because of my stupid pelvis. So, yeah that's how it goes when I try to go somewhere. Yes, James is here working, but I'm not going to leave the kids here while he is trying to get work done. Once I get them where we're going they're perfectly fine. Why the big battle?? I have no idea- but it makes me want to stay home- forever. Tomorrow is Sunday- Jeebs has his usual meetings in the morning- so I have another morning of weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth to look forward to :) G0od night and good luck. OH ps Thanks to Eric who always picks up Jeebs- seriously that helps us so much- lots of jewels in your crown :)

1 comment:

DyessFam said...

Yeah, I was a pampered chef consultant for a while too and was all into it. There are things they sell that I really, really like and then there are things that you can get cheaper and better made elsewhere. You are not alone in the why-have-my-children-decided-to-go-crazy-today alternate universe! Today, both of mine are whiny and not getting along in any way shape or form! AAaaaaaahhhh! I think I'm gonna put myself in time out or maybe I'll lay on the ground and pitch a really good fit. Mmmmwwwhhhaaaahahahahaha! BTW, did the package arrive and does it fit?