Thursday, January 29, 2009

My favorite curse...

After I went grocery shopping yesterday I put Cagey in his seat. I reached over him with the seatbelt to buckle him in. He was trying to help me find the little clicker thing that always alludes me and makes me so #$&#$( mad. So he pushes all the grocery bags away from the clicker thing to make it easier for me and says "Where is the da** thing?" I immediately gasped and he knew he had let something bad slip. He sucked in his lips and looks at me like "oh dang". I choked back a chuckle (yeah I'm a good mom) and said "what did you say?" He looks at me and just says "I don' t know." Apparently this is my favorite curse because my little 3 and a half year old has picked up on it and loves to use it in casual conversation. Don't you love those moments when you realize what a stellar person you are?? He says "that da** dog" like it's the poor dogs actual name. Now, it's the "da** thing" for the seatbelt- who knows what is next? Oh yeah and Taylor told our Bishop that our dog was a douche bag :) yeah. good grief. I don't even know where I got douche bag- but if you met our dog it just fits so well. I know I need to do better. It's really difficult to punish them for just repeating your words. Hypocritical much?

In another unrelated matter- I love zappos.com! I bought Cagey some cowboy boots from zappos a few months ago and I love them. I ordered him some little velcro vans this morning - with 3 clicks! They remember all your information - you sign in and then it says Click to Order- that's it!! I know other websites have this same feature- but seriously it is not as fast as zappos checkout process. The best part is that they'll be here tomorrow. They have FREE overnight shipping. I learned about zappos when I was serving in the nursery with Julia Craze. She buys a lot of things from Hanna Anderson for her and her girls- which I also love, but had heard of before. Then one day she was telling me about zappos. I checked it out- I think I've only ordered 1 or 2 pairs of shoes from them, but I am hooked. Love it!! I'm a great parent- the cursing, online shopping, spending money scallywag from East Texas- that's me :)

4 comments:

The Airharts said...

I love it! My 2 years old uses the S word anytime she drops something...I kind of think it's cute.

DyessFam said...

I bet the bishop LOVED that! Thanks, that almost made me spit out my icecream...:)

alexandriasmomma said...

Well, like I said, I was really, really fortunate to have parents who did NOT use profanity as a daily thing. I wish my children could say the same thing. There was a GREAT editorial I read recently entitled, "Why Do We Love Profanity?" It was about a young man in California who has started a No Cussing Club. Great, right? Wrong. He receives hundreds of vitriolic, vulgar, hate-filled emails weekly. He has received DEATH THREATS. It's amazing! So, why DO we love profanity? It's NOT cute, it's NOT funny, it's telling the world we lack class. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone because I am a chief offender. Satan loves it when we use profanity. Anytime anyone attempts to EXCEL or PURSUE EXCELLENCE, be it in his daily language usage or in his Sunday lesson preparation, Satan goes bonkers. THAT is why this kid is receiving death threats.

I wish I had done better by my kids. "Of all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, "IT MIGHT HAVE BEEN".

Oh, my gosh, the verification word is BUMBLICA. Believe it or not!

alexandriasmomma said...

How do you think it makes ME feel when I read about MY GRANDCHILDREN using profanity? All because of a lack of self-control. I KNEW better. Daddy may have known better, but he was raised up hearing his dad use profanity all the time in casual conversation. I would refer anyone to the book, "Why Good People Watch R-Rated Movies". What an eye-opener that was for me!!!!! By the way, I never knew your Grandpa Wagley, but I do know he was a good man. No one is perfect and we don't have a right to judge others. I'm just sayin'.............