Friday, January 2, 2009

January 2nd-

As a side note to my brother's comment on yesterday's post- he sounds like he's violent and likes to hurt people. He's really one of the most laid back people I know except when his blood sugar is low but you can fix that with a good meal or a jolly rancher :)

Okay as for Yang

1. My sister really personified the scripture Matthew 5:48. "Be ye therefore perfect..." She really worked for perfection - which could be annoying sometimes :) But, she really did try to do everything right. Whatever she fell short of I know Christ will take care of because she was truly trying to follow Him all her life.

2. She loved to shop. I love to shop and my mom hates it. Yang and I could always go and have so much fun just shopping and hanging out together.

3. She really took every precaution to stay alive. I know she had to be taken the way she was because the Lord really needed her on the other side and she wasn't going to give in any other way. A girl from her mission was killed biking in Big Cottonwood canyon a couple of months after my sister passed away. That would never have been my sister.

4. My sister was not a complainer. She always looked for the good in any situation and if there was no good she just wouldn't say much. She never complained about being sick and miserable.

5. My sister was the epitome of positivity. When we lived together while going to BYU she would get up and be in a good mood and try to make me laugh and I would just get more negative and more negative until I drug her down to my bad mood and then I was pleased with myself. Yeah, that was the kind of stellar sister I was.

This is also my grandma's birthday month and my little brother's as well. My grandmother was a wonderful person that lived the gospel her whole life as well. My little brother is still around so I don't want to sing his praises too much :) j/k Page. He's a good little brother. He tries to make people think he's all mean and tough, but he's not. He used to go to my chiro appointments with me to sit with my children while I got adjusted. He was a lot of help when we lived in Utah. Happy Birthday tomorrow Page!!!

1 comment:

alexandriasmomma said...

That's a great post, gee, but you don't give yourself enough credit. Who was the little girl who, having received a mum from Matt Byrd, and perceiving the feelings of Yang (Yang didn't have a mum from a boy that year), REFUSED to wear Matt's mum until Grandma went and bought Yang one????? I'll never forget that!

Y'all are all the most unique and extraordinary kids I know. Yang WAS extraordinary, but each of you possess qualities that perhaps she didn't possess. She possessed quite a few, though!! You're right when you say she followed Christ always. I've never known ANYONE who tried so hard to be perfect. Striving to overcome the "natural man" was the lodestone of her life. She had, as we all do, a pride problem. BOY, was she humbled by her mission. When I think of the tears she shed over the unkind words spoken to her, I want to torch Kentucky. I came across the paper she wrote about the homeless man in Provo, and I'm going to post it on "her" website. Not today, though, I've already cried too much today. My head is pounding and I need Page. Any of you reading this who live in the Orem area, you can change your life if you let Page work on you. He changed mine and Nessa's and Daddy's. He is SO GOOD at what he does. His number is 8013699488.I hope you have a GREAT birthday, Page! Page had such a hard time during his birth. No one ever seems to think about how hard the babies have it! Pobrecito! I was thinking about his birth this morning at 12:30 a.m. I was up until 4:30 a.m. I don't know why I even went to bed! I should have just stayed up.