Sunday, January 4, 2009

January 4th, Sister list

1. My sister had gorgeous light green eyes. They were almost yellow. She got tons of compliments on them. My dad has brown eyes and my mom has green and she just knew all her children would have brown eyes. Nope, we all have green. I think Yang got the most compliments on her's though.

2. She served a spanish speaking mission in Louisville, Kentucky when she was 26. She loved the people and they loved her. She would get calls from several of her friends from her mission on her cell phone daily. She would start talking a mile a minute in spanish- she said she used to think about spanish so much it would make her head hurt, but she was determined to speak the language and speak it well.

3. My sister was extremely intelligent. She got a half tuition scholarship for her first semester. She really wanted the Benson Scholarship- but she was 1 point shy on her ACT's to qualify. I can remember her crying after getting her ACT results. She started out as pre-med- she wanted to be an OBGYN. After she decided that boy watching was much more fun (as most of us do) she tried several different majors, but ended up in Marriage, Family, Human Development.

4. I never really realized how boy crazy my sister was until I read some of her journal after she passed away. There was a different boy on every page :) There was a boy in high school who was one of the cutest, smartest, sweetest guys ever. My sister and he were very much alike and he really liked her. She liked him too, but I never knew how much until years later. She told me she really had liked him, but he wasn't LDS. She told me she had cried buckets of tears over that one.

5. She only kissed one boy her whole life. I know she really regreted it too because he turned out to be a SUPER dipsmack!!!

1 comment:

alexandriasmomma said...

GEE, she got a FULL TUITION scholarship!!!! It was the top scholarship offered at BYU except for the Benson. I think the difference was that the Benson was guaranteed full tuition for 4 years or maybe you got extra money for books and living expenses, I don't remember. YANG'S FULL TUITION was paid for her Freshman year. If she hadn't taken that 4 credit class, she would have KEPT her scholarship, but that class brought her GPA down below where it had to be in order for the scholarship to stay in effect. I don't remember what the GPA requirement was, but it was HIGH. Seems like it was 3.9? Do you remember? Oh, wait, you probably don't, cause you think she only got HALF TUITION!! ;) Please correct that!! :) Glen is the one who was offered half tuition at BYU and full tuition at Ricks. So Glen chose the full tuition. The all mighty dollar. So there he was, out in the middle of nowhere, sick, miserable, but he still kept his GPA up! That's cause he's good like that!

I'm sure she would have gotten the Benson if her ACT had been that ONE point higher. I still have the essay she wrote for it. I love her writing. Yang did all of that herself. She got the applications, she arranged for housing, she did it ALL.