Saturday, January 10, 2009

January 10th

1. My sister took an EMT class. She took the test to qualify as an actual EMT and somehow never got her qualification even though she passed the test. We always had to pick on her and say "Don't worry, I'm an EMT!!"

2. My sister was the first of all 4 of us to work at Taco Bell. She worked there for (I think) 2 years. We were all really good taco slingers.

3. No one could ever taste Yang's cooking or baking before it was done- unless she gave you an honorary pass to do so :)

4. My sister would always tell me about the weirdest nightmares. They weren't really nightmares unless you were Yang. She would dream about things like- being back in band and forgetting her routine- or blowing a wrong whistle and the band having a train wreck.

5. My sister had a cat named Squints. He was named after Squints from the Sandlot. I think the cat eventually ran away while my sister was living at my grandma's house. The funny thing is- we think we saw him prowling around the woods outside my parents' house a couple of years later- which is at least 5 miles away.

2 comments:

alexandriasmomma said...

We actually brought Squints home and tried to get her used to being here instead of at Granny's. We were pretty successful, then we went on vacation and left her to fend for herself. Of course we left plenty of food for her, but she apparently decided to hop it and head for greener pastures! She had been spayed so thus ended the line of beautiful white kitties with gray faces, feet, and tails. I loved Doorstop. She was the best. That's definitely another story. Hey, my verification word is MULIN. One letter change and it would be MULAN! hehehehehehehehehe

alexandriasmomma said...

I think one reason Yang had such a fear of "train-wrecking" the band is because of the train wreck that happened that time at the marching contest at Longview High. Jason blew the wrong whistle signal, or he blew it at the wrong time or something and, DISASTER!! That reminds me, Nessa, I need to find that video you want! It is the coolest thing EVER! It's very hard to be humble when one has such children as I have! Unique in every way!