Monday, January 12, 2009

Jan 12

1. Whenever my sister got angry she would jut out her chin. It was pretty funny. I never met anyone that could jut out their chin the way she could.

2. My sister used to practice certain twirling fundamentals in bed while I was trying to sleep. It would make me a little uneasy since my face was about 6 inches from the end of her baton. One night I voiced my concern and she assured me I was perfectly safe and she had control of her baton. Just as I was dozing off that night, SMACK right in the cheek- what a way to wake up.

3. My sister loved ballet. She took ballet when she was little and worked her way up until she got to dance on pointe. I took dance too when I was little, but not as long as my sister. I started taking ballet again when I started school at BYU. I remember one day we were going around getting my dance stuff for class when I asked my sister, "don't you miss it?" meaning ballet. She burst into tears and said "YES I MISS IT!" That was one of those several moments in my life when I felt like a dipsmack for opening my mouth.

4. I remember when my sister bought the single "More than Words". She listened to it endlessly and it was one of those songs that she would sing into her thumb at grocery stores. Glen would just walk away when she started.

5. My sister loved daisies- gerbera daisies. You know on You've Got Mail when Meg Ryan says "I love daisies, they're such a happy flower." I think that's why my sister loved them- they're such happy flowers.

No comments: