Sunday, January 11, 2009

January 11th

I thought it would be funny to write a few of my sister's pet peeves- she had such funny ones.

1. My older brother's driving. Really- it is a bit scary :) sorry Glen. Remember that time we were driving down 9th east fighting with each other and somebody pulled out in front of us and we almost got creamed?? Yang was in tears- I was shaking and you bought us subway for lunch. Good times- we stopped fighting. Were you driving, Glen?

2. When people say "I am nauseous." It is actually "I am nauseated." Look it up guys- sound more intelligent and say nauseated :) saying "I am nauseous," means you are making other people nauseated. It has become one of my pet peeves too :)

3. My mother's driving. She's not as bad as my brothers', but she could pay a little better attention to the road :)

4. Bucking her system. She had a certain way she wanted things to go and you better go with yang's flow. Glen liked to go against the flow- just to irritate- it would make him laugh...maniacally.

5. Ken Jennings little brother was one big walking pet peeve. I think I mentioned before that she was good friends with Ken Jennings- yeah the jeopardy guy. They worked together at BYU and then after he moved on he got his little brother a job working under my sister in the same office. He was annoying and total opposite of Ken. He didn't brush his hair and I swear he got dressed in the dark.

1 comment:

DyessFam said...

Yeah, the nauseous thing is a pet peeve of mine, too, but I've stopped trying to correct people cuz they just don't care. Another one is irregardless. Can anyone say double negative?! We don't speak Russian here people, its just regardless. My mom says it all the time and I've told her many times that its just regardless, but alas, it has no effect! Aarrgghh!