Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy Birthday month to Alexandria

January is my sister's birthday month... and I miss her terribly. People also need to know what a wonderful and amazing person she was and still is doing whatever she is doing now. So, for her birthday month, I thought I would post 5 things about her everyday. My brothers and parental units can help as well.

January 1st, 2008

1. My sister had really cute feet. She used to get onto me all the time about how I didn't keep my toenails cut. Her's were always trimmed and usually painted. She says they were messed up from going on pointe too young when she was in ballet, but I really never knew what the heck she was talking about. She got compliments from random people about her feet.

2. She would never be so selfish and self-centered to celebrate a whole birthday month- like me.

3. She was a people person. She was always kind to everyone and loved people. She made others feel good about themselves. She had a way of making everyone feel comfortable around her.

4. She was an awesome pianist and musician. She took piano for ?? years (ma can fill in the blank). I think it was around 6 and she could pretty much play anything. I used to sit down to play something and bang through it for a while and then Yang would finally get tired of my banging and ask "do you want me to play that for you, Nessa?" My mom is going to want to tell about the time she was going to accompany one of her friends for a band competition and she got the piece just a short time before she was to play it. It was a really difficult piece and my mom who also plays discouraged her and said it was a bit ambitious. Ma can tell the rest.

5. She was fiercely protective of her brothers and sister. One time on the bus someone started a fight with my brother (Glen can clear up the details) and the bus driver said she was sending them both to the office. My sister said "well, if Glen's going to the office, so am I!!" Everybody on the bus made the sarcastic "ooooOOOooo" - and yang yells back "SHUTUP!" I was really glad to get off the bus that day.

6 comments:

wagdog said...

Here is the rest of the bus-fight-story. I got into a fight with a kid named Maniel Datney (name has been changed to protect the loser of said fight). The reason was because he kept slamming into me (on purpose) when the bus would make a turn and try to knock all my stuff onto the ground. I got sick of him doing this so I casually informed him if he did it again, I'd hit him. He did it again (with a stupid grin on his face) and as a man of my word, I proceeded to introduce parts of his face to my fists. I remember all the damage he inflicted was a well-placed kick to my thigh. I made his eye bleed and jacked up his ears. Yeah, Yang stood up for me. The stunned silence on the bus (after her immense "SHUT UP") was awesome and something I'll never forget.

alexandriasmomma said...

testing

alexandriasmomma said...

The story and Glen's comment make Glen sound as if he is a person who likes fighting. That could NOT be further from the truth. Glen is very slow to anger, but if you keep pushing, you better watch out, cause you're gonna have to put water on him to put him out. "Maniel" was at least a year older than Glen and was bigger. He was always ragging on Glen about something. Glen just finally got tired of the daily misery on the bus and put a stop to it. "Maniel's own sister admitted that "Maniel" started it. I think if I could raise my children again, I wouldn't try to teach them to ALWAYS turn the other cheek. My mother always taught us not to fight back and that's how I taught my kids, but there comes a point when one HAS to fight back (in this day and age) or absolutely get stomped. This is one reason I have to laugh at people who say, "You're home-schooling your children? Don't you realize they're missing out socially?" Yeah, they're missing out on being called names, they're missing out on being picked on at best and being stomped on at worst. They're missing out on all the disgusting language heard on the bus and in the halls. They're missing out on going to school with pregnant seventh graders and hearing all about how they got that way. They're missing out on the sub-standard teachers who aren't as smart or mature as they are (like the "coach", a.k.a. P.E. teacher, who told Glen he did something, I don't remember what, like he was a member of the Post-Polio League). Yeah, they're really missing out!!! Thankfully, I did confront that p.e. teacher about THAT one. I only wish I had confronted many teachers about many more things!! So those of you out there who want to criticize people who want to home-school their children, SHUT UP!!! Whoo, Yang, that felt GOOD!!!! NO ONE could have been a better big sister!!!

Nessa and Jeebs said...

Ma- please leave your comments to half that length- DANG :)

alexandriasmomma said...

I know my comments tend to be a little long, but I thought that one was one of my better ones!!

alexandriasmomma said...

Does anyone read comments? Cause if they don't, I'm not going to write about Yang playing that accompaniment for Adam that time and then get blasted for my comment being too long!!!!!

heheheheh