Friday, January 9, 2009

January 9

1. My sister was a very talented writer. She didn't even have to try. She had one of her english papers submitted by one of her professors to the New Era. They bought the story and paid her for it. I don't know if it has been published yet- I don't thin it has. I thought that was pretty cool.

2. Yang was always ready to laugh at herself. She never took herself too seriously. She was most always laughing.

3. My sister loved milk. I've never been a huge fan of the stuff, but yang would drink milk with anything. She used to love to drink a glass of milk and eat a piece of white bread before bed.

4. My sister had gorgeous thick hair. I was always jealous because mine was so thin- like my daddy's. Yang got my mom's hair.

5. Even though we were 4 years apart we got asked if we were twins. People would go on an on about how we looked alike. Which then made us sit in front of our vanity and examine all the differences in our looks. Different people see different things-funny.

2 comments:

alexandriasmomma said...

Yang DID have the most beautiful hair. She and Glen both. I used to call them my silver and gold. Yang was a golden little thing with her golden skin and hair, and Glen was silvery with his white blonde, totally straight, thick hair and fair skin. Yang's hair was naturally curly and I could wind strands around my finger into ringlets. I remember being at Longview Regional Hospital when she developed a DVT shortly after starting chemo. I was brushing her hair and it was coming out by the brushful. I was cleaning out the brush and filling the trash can with her long, luxuriant locks. She was in so much pain from the DVT she wasn't worried so much about her hair. However, when we finally decided to take the clippers to her head (because the hair was getting all over her pillow and clothes and floor)and she saw her beautiful hair being shorn off, the facade crumbled and she shed a few tears. I have a pony tail of her hair that I saved. Oh, how did we stand it????

wagdog said...

maybe you should have drunk more milk and eaten more white bread vanerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrsa :-)