Thursday, January 22, 2009

Jan 22

So I skipped yesterday- but my sister's definable qualities are getting harder to list. I thought I would add one something about my sister every post for the rest of the month. We'll see if I can come up with that much ;)

My sister always had my back. We were so different, but we agreed on the most important things. I remember hearing her say "the gospel is not like a buffet, you can't just pick and choose the parts you want to live." I just loved the way my sister expressed her views- I could always see her side - which probably falls under the category of how she could always get me to do stuff :)

Okay- I remembered another one- My sister taught me so many "little" things. Generally your parents teach you these things, but my sister taught me how to:
- tie my shoes
- drive a standard transmission car (after many failed attempts by my mom)
- crochet
- live a moral life (she answered most of my morality questions :)
- twirl
- be a drum major
- not be too disgusting
the list goes on and on-

Only 4 more days until my sister's birthday. I decided after she passed away that we would do something every year to celebrate it. I just can't let my kids grow up not knowing their Aunt Yang. That is really the true tragedy- my kids won't have their aunt yang.

Child #3 is popping me out!! I'm only 26 weeks and this is my belly- tates took this pic for me




And now for my nose picture. I tried not to flatten it out or skew it in anyway. Let me know, Glen.
Blagh- ya know when you think you're looking nice- ya got it going on- then you happen to see a pic of yourself and you're like WOW BLAGH!! yeah.

4 comments:

DyessFam said...

awwwww! you are so cute pregnant....I can't say about any other time, but...heheheh. On the looking nice thing, hey at least you put effort into looking decent. I've completely given up! What else is new, eh? ;p

More Hills on the horizon said...

You look so dang cute. I just love having a prego belly dont you? haha... Cant wait to do it again. Travis really wants that boy.

wagdog said...

I think that as a general rule, everyone should re-read their comments and make sure they can't be construed in some sickening way. Maybe comments should be read out loud before hitting publish...just a thought

The Nicolaysens said...

I think you look great! How do you like your new TV? Adam is jealous that you have a plasma - he wants to get one so bad - we might just splurge with our tax return and get one! We'll see ...