Monday, January 5, 2009

Jan 5th

1. My sister loved peanut butter, banana and marshmallow sandwiches. Blagh.

2. My sister loved every kind of craft or art form there is. She took a basket weaving class at BYU and we teased her mercilessly. She made the coolest, nicest baskets. She also took a pottery class- those pieces aren't as nice as the baskets :) sorry gert :)

3. My sister was good at everything she did. She usually taught herself anything she wanted to learn how to do. She taught herself to crochet and then taught me. I have an afghan I still haven't finished because I don't have my sister to show me the stitch-- show me how to start and how to finish :)

4. My sister loved cheese on her whoppers. I always gave her a hard time about asking for cheese on her whoppers. We used to walk to the Burger King down from campus in the mid-mornings when she worked at BYU. They served burgers all day and we would go have an early lunch and sit and drink and drink and drink Dr. Pepper. MMMMmmmm dr. pepper.

5. She said about 5 curse words in her life. They were all directed at my older brother. Those two were always at it. They were so competitive with each other- I guess that comes from being only 18 months apart and both are annoyingly brilliant :)

3 comments:

DyessFam said...

Okay, so I know this is gonna sound so dumb, but what t-shirt? The only one I really remember is the.....are you talking about the Christmas one? OH, MY GOODNESS!! I totally forgot about that one! That's so funny! Do not try to adjust your screen, you are literally watching my memory in progress.....scary, I know! I'm feeling okay. My hips are starting to protest, but at this point, I don't blame them. I'm still getting around pretty good, without the help of the electric wheelchairs at the stores...hehehehhe. Getting up and down is always an interesting adventure, but I find a way!:P I have my second mid wife appointment tomorrow. It was supposed to have been last week, but I went on a road trip instead. I'm hoping to be able to go home for a visit at least one last time before this baby decides to make his/her appearance. (I need to get some stuff out of storage for the baby anyway.) Okay, I'll just have to write a post about all this stuff, I guess. Ta-ta!

DyessFam said...

BTW, the other t-shirt I was thinking of was the left-handed shirt I got in the mall in San Antonio....and I have to type in backingo.....take that Glen!

alexandriasmomma said...

Glen and Yang were NOT always at it!! They were the sweetest little children in the world and played together endlessly. This is not to say that they didn't butt heads every now and then, but that was usually caused by the idjits down the road who made it their life's work to put Yang (and you) down constantly (and this put Glen in the middle--a horrible place to be). Not a ONE of them sent a note, or called, or said "kiss my foot" all the time she was sick or after she passed away. Unbelievable. You're right that Yang and Glen are brilliant!

Shelly, what is the deal with you and Nessa? I am the one who should have had those kinds of problems. I had polio, I'm crooked, etc. I had NOTHING like that. I just had the normal pregnancy stuff.